Monday, July 13, 2015

Vaa Vennila from Mella Tiranthathu Kathavu.

And, finally, here, I am, with greetings, from the heart :-)

I hope you are all fine. Fine, hale and hearty. And happy, too. Because, life is ACTUALLY about being happy. Being happy, over, even the smallest blessing bestowed. Being happy over what we have and what we, will have - with hard work, and faith and hope, and diligence. 

So, here's me wishing you a tonnes and tonnes of happiness - as a starter. :-)

I wish I was more industrious in blogging. Yes. More spirited and persevering. More in full swing. Unfortunately, these are all, just a couple of mighty words that I am using to camouflage my hefty laziness. 

I didn't post the entire of June. And, it's mid of July - already.
Today, I continue to write, from my heart. Because, I allow words to flow. I enjoy synchronization. 

I miss my father. Beyond all the words that I can accumulate, here.

My day begins with his thoughts. Still. His photo is by my bedside. Still. He is my King. Still. And, always will. 
My aunt visited us recently. She put up a few nights here, at our home. We had a great time catching up. 
During one dinner, home cooked meals and all, Appa's name cropped up. Aunt told me how he was always referred as the perfectionist during his teacher's training days. She spoke of his beautiful handwriting, be it English or Tamil. His composed personality. His uprightness. And, his dashing good looks. Appa, well built, stood tall at 5 feet 11 and a half. 
By the time Aunt finished her stories, I was crying profusely. So much so, that my dinner plate was filled with more tears than curry. 
She was apologetic that she put me in such a state. But, I loved her stories. Loved as in capital L-O-V-E. Someone who was present during his younger days, relating them to me. To me, it was genuinely beautiful. 
I made it very clear that I enjoyed her stories and that there was nothing to be sorry about. Appa, is the greatest love of my life. Thus, emotions, always, get gigantic at the mere regard of him.
I so love him. 

During my recent absence, I traveled to Andaman Island, India. Saw Boracay Island, Philipines. Attended an awesome university reunion. Went frolicking in a water park. And, ate loads and loads. 

Life, as I always say, is about the little things. Done, with people who matter. Money doesn't buy all these. It cannot, actually. To love and to be loved, is a very beautiful blessing. And, that is - happiness.

You MUST have someone in your life. MUST. MUST. MUST. I mean, we all, MUST have that special someone in our lives. If you already have, APPRECIATE them. If you don't, it is high time you go fish for one. SOMEONE TO COUNT ON AT ALL TIMES.

That - special someone. Your mom. Your best friend. Your other half. Your internet buddy. Anyone. Anyone who makes your heart chime in happiness. The one who you want to share your best moments and sorrow, with. Someone, you can count on, without a doubt. 
I am blessed to have a handful. My mom. My sister. Mogan. My cherished and genuine friends, Inpan and Devaki. And, girls from my uni days.
I look for Amma, all the time. I share everything with her. And, we are great TV buddies. My mom is extremely well read. She is world news savvy. If I know anything, it's all her knowledge. Not mine. I just brush up and further research via the net. And, share it with her in return. It is a beautiful relationship. I count on her, both to criticize and support me. Her opinions are downright honest. And, that is what matters to me.
I share practically 99.0% with the people mentioned above. I trust them completely. Even, the greatest of my guarded secrets. 
That's why I am echoing my sentiments that we all MUST have someone. To share parts of our life, with. Someone we can always rely on. Someone, we can seek, anytime - without the guilt. 

Sharing is an excellent trait. 
I just did. Shared parts of my days and thoughts with you. 
So, you go do that, too.
Share something today. 
Your favourite piece of chocolate cake. A good book you recently read.
A movie you think people should watch. Anything worth sharing with a good intention. 

I am getting sleepy. Lack of oxygen. Hahaha. 
I may get delusional, soon.
So, pardon me. Allow me to sign off before I blabber.

Allegiant.
That's a new word I learned today. It means, loyal. faithful.

Thus.
Allegiant-ly,
~Shalu~

p/s - one of my favourite songs from bygones. what-a-song feeling. :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy to see you writing again. And may you continue with it uninterrupted. May God shower you with more wisdom and happiness … Regards.