Saturday, February 26, 2011

Thirudiya Idhayathai Tirupikodu from Paarvai Ondre Podhume

Sticks and stones are hard on bones
Aimed with angry art,
Words can sting like anything
But silence breaks the heart.
~Phyllis McGinley, "Ballade of Lost Objects," 1954~

Ya. Silence breaks the heart. Doesn't it? I am appeasing myself with Othasollala song from Aadukalam. It makes me happy. I tap my feet to the catchy rhythm. My ear plugs are on full blast. It keeps my thoughts on the video clip of the movie, and the level of immense happiness Dhanush @ K.P.Karuppu was in. Cool. Saturday here. And, in Chennai. I miss her. Tremendously. She is just bustling and lively. The metropolitan city that never sleeps. And, miss too, the rest of Tamil Nadu, and the country where my soul STILL and ACTUALLY resides. I have chores to do. And, here I am, in front of my faithful notebook, listening to songs and updating my blog. I wish a million things. 
This is such a melancholic song. Not really for a zealot like me. But, something about it caught my attention. No. Definitely not the video. The simple melody, I guess. Hum worthy. Is that a new word? I meant to say, it is worth the hum. Haha. Sad though, that both the hero and the heroine are no more. May they rest in peace.
Remember. Hum worthy. When you have finished listening to the entire song, give it a hum. You will nice. I did. And, I am.
Life goes on. Conversations, silence, feelings and rationalization. Whatever. Have a super Saturday. I am looking forward to one. God bless.

No comments: