Friday, August 2, 2013

Of jots and mugs and zilch songs ..... Happy August !!!

Playing on the stereo in my room, as I am writing this, on replay are this 3 songs - "Yennodu Vaa Vaa" from Neethane En Ponvasantham, "Maalai Mangum Neram" from Rowthiram and "Innum Konjum Neram" from Mariyaan. 
July - was hectic but awesome. It was a blissful 31 day span. 
I had a short vacation in Bali with some girlfriends. 
I was out on a beautiful date with Mogan.
I watched Mariyaan - twice - with my darling sister who has been such a sport, despite not being too fond of Dhanush.
I spent a four day weekend in the capital of Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur - with closest family and friends.
I went furniture hunting - and am weeks away from a new, cushy, cozy and snug sofa. A self chosen fabric one - thus, the wait.
I had lunch at my work desk - on most days. 
I bought my Mom a gift - she has been wanting for some time now. 
I talked to Appa 's soul - every night without fail. I am praying devoutly for something. He is my Other God.
I met an old, humble, well mannered and friendly couple who sell rice for a living at a restaurant in Pitt Street Penang. They made me feel so sheltered.
I got a gift from a friend. A burlap diary. It was cute. I have yet to start jotting.
I love traditional Indian clothes. Churidhars and sarees - especially. My cousin who flew in from India bought me this. From Soch, Chennai. A dark green and pink kurti. Loved it - heaps.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that, August will be wonderful, too. 
I miss so many things. My father - especially. 
And, India. My motherland. The country I so love.....
And these.....












Can I skip a song ? It is getting late into the night, and I want to shut my eyes and dream.
You go do that too.....
Good night. God Bless.

No comments: