Friday, February 18, 2011

Pesakudathu from Adutha Varisu

I am back. On Malaysian soil. And, yes, I AM missing India.
I am listening to this beautiful number by SPB and P.Susheela. Picked it up during a concert by the legendary SPB himself on Valentine's eve, in Chennai. The female part was sung by someone else. This song is mischievous and playful.
Coming back to V-Day. I am smiling. 11.13am, Indian time. 1.43pm Malaysian. My mobile rings "Kannil Anbai" song from Eesan. My heart skips a beat. I am hoping but unsure. I read my caller ID. My heart skips a few more beats. I am beaming in delight. Cupid strikes me in Chennai. How sweet. How winsome. As I answer the phone, this is what transpires, (mostly in Tamil......)
Me : Hello
He : Vanakam. (The Tamil equivalent to Hello in English)
Me : Vanakam. (Chiming him, in Tamil) So, how are you ? 
He : I am fine. You ?
Me : Fine.
He : Tried calling you the other day but could not get through.
Me : Ya. My brother complained of the same issue too.
There is pin drop silence. He is quiet for a few seconds. I am dumbfounded. Then,......
He : Happy Valentine's Day.
Me : (laughing) Thanks.... (again, pin drop silence from my side). Same to you.
And, quickly, we change topic. To Chennai, and work, and Malaysia, and my return dates. We hang up about 5 minutes later.
He calls in the afternoon, again. 4.38pm Indian. We exchange formal conversations. Beautiful. Right then, I disconnected the call with a smile in my heart. Now, recollecting that moment, I am smiling to the lyrics of this song.
Not posting the video for this song. It was done in bad taste. Not my cuppa.

No comments: