Saturday, May 12, 2012

Thoda Thoda Malarnthathena from Indra

Nothing - and I say, nothing - is as heartening, as home. The place where you can cuddle up comfortably and snuggle down safely. And, I am, finally back to my crash pad. My abode. My sanctuary..... Home sweet home. It is no tough nut to crack, why they call it so. 
My toasty bed and fluffy pillows are, close at hand. And, my favourite Maestro, Illayaraja-Ji is crooning, in the background. Heavenly (in simple words) and commodious (bombastically) - is how I am feeling right now.....
There are so many things I want to write about. Issues that I so would like to share and do not want to prorogue. 
The recent week (7th to 12th May 2012), was indeed, a hectic and vital one. 
And, 7th May 2012, was a Momentous Monday. One that needs to be awarded a stellar star. And distinguished and chronicled as big league day. A he-made-me-roll-in-the-aisle-day. A he-beguiled-and-bewitched-me-day. A he-put-me-under-the-magic-spell-day. A smashing-wow-wow day. Konjum over-aa iruku-leh ? (translation : A little exaggerated, huh?) No - not a drop of amplification or embellishment . Forthright and sincerely - it was, all of above. Plain, beautiful..... 
Missed home madly - on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. 
Saturday, quenched the pining. The joy of coming home to loved ones is bewildering. Managed to make Oat Cookies laced with Grounded Coffee, despite being dead tired. It was a sell out during late coffee - at home. 
The Oat Cookies - Prior to baking. Oats and cereal dough laced with grounded coffee.
The Oat Cookies - Upon baking. Fresh from the oven and sold out in a jiffy.
The song that keeps playing on my mind. ARR, Vairamuthu, SPB and Chitra. A-cannot-go-wrong-combination.....out
தொட தொட மலர்ந்ததென்ன
பூவே தொட்டவனை மறந்ததென்ன?
பார்வைகள் புதிதா? ஸ்பரிசங்கள் புதிதா?
மழை வர பூமி மறுப்பதென்ன?

காதலன் தீண்டாத பூக்களில் தேனில்லை
இடைவெளி தாண்டாதே என் வசம் நானில்லை..... (Vairamuthu sure does have a way with Tamil words.....)

பசித்தவன் அமுதம் பருகிடத் தானே
பதினேழு வசந்தங்கள் இதழ் வளர்த்தேன்
இலை மூடும் மலராக இதயத்தை மறைக்காதே
மலர் கொல்லும் காற்றாக இதயத்தை உலுக்காதே..... (Vairamuthu....hmmm, does it again.....)


Guess, I need to sign off, now. I am tired, no doubt. 

No comments: