Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pizza, the Movie, "Nadanthathu Yennanaa" & A face smudged with a solid smile.....

Hello everyone !!!
The weather is just awesome. Right now - it is cloudy. The freshness of the breeze is streaming into our home. What-A-Feeling !!!
I am writing today due to a couple of reasons. A regular reader of my blog, wrote to me on my declining taste for good Tamil movies. Ouch !!! The open fire was a little unexpected. Hey - but let's see the bright side of it. I am honest - in whatever I write. Some movies may tug our hearts. Some may not. Opinions differ. Dispositions diversify. Something of that sort.
Take Atlee Kumar's, "Raja Rani" for example. So much of hype over it. I was dragged to the theater to watch this, what I would call - a moderate entertainer. I went on a weekend and it was a full house. Here, in Sungai Petani, Kedah - a small town with a less than 30,000 population. At the end of the day, the truth is, movies achieve box office status due to mass preference. It is fair if the movie is watchable and totally uncalled for, if otherwise. 
I am also writing because my recent days have been wonderful. I have a smile smudged on my face for tangible reasons. You will know, when you reach my last sentence and listen to the song I have picked for today. Do I say more ?
Yes - and the last reason I am here, is to scribble my appreciation for Pizza, the Tamil horror movie starring Vijay Sethupathi. I read and heard lots of positive statements regarding it. And, after searching a couple of video stores around town, I finally managed to get hold of its original DVD. I watched it, alone, during, a late evening, with a cup of hot milk tea and some cinnamon biscuits. Never got up from my comfy couch until the movie ended. And, yes - there were times when I hid my eyes with my fingers and scrutinized the dining room for any mystifying sound. I found it as an awesome watch. Really. In fact, I want to watch again one of these days. Naah - not because of Vijay Sethupathi but for being one of those truly numbered good, hair raising Tamil horror movie. Pizza is directed by Karthik Subburaj, our new generation directors, that Naalaya Iyakunar has bred. In fact, Pizza 2 (The Villa) is in the making and I am eagerly looking forward to it. 
I have been recommended Moodar Koodam and Onaayum Aattukkuttiyum. Will watch them soon and whip up if they were good.
Well, wait. You have not reached my last sentence. Yet. Watch this YouTube Tamil short film from Naalaya Iyakunar's Nalan Kumarasamy - a program I am totaly engrossed with nowadays. I laughed a barrel watching this. What-An-Idea!!!! If you enjoy this as much as I do, we would make awesome coffee mates. SWS. SWS, by the way is "smile with a smirk", my urban dictionary style. 
And, Ta-Da-Dam-Dam....., I am now, about to reach my last sentence, minus my trademark phrase. "Angnyaade" means beloved. "பசுபுரனே மழுபுரனே சொதப்புரனெ... வரவர அடிகடி சிரிக்கிறேன் மனசில உன் நெனப்பே..... அங்க்ன்யாடே, அங்க்ன்யாடே......" There is life after love failure. There is love after love failure. Atlee-ku oru, "Ohhhhhh" :-)))))))))))))) 
This is my song of the day.

No comments: