Friday, April 13, 2012

Vechalum Vekkama Pogathu from Michael Madana Kama Rajan


எனது இனிய நந்தன தமிழ் புத்தாண்டு நல்வாழ்த்துக்களை......
Ya - everyone, Happy Tamil New Year !!!!! Today is the birth of Nandana !!!! At 8.18pm, here in Malaysia..... 
Guess what ? I got a gift today. Something special. Super special, actually. A beautiful ring. For the New Year.....
My sore throat became worse along the week. The constant dry cough has made me practically, voiceless. I sound like a toad croaking for rain. 
Mum had already set her condition for the new year. That, we must be vegetarian. I was, honestly. Throughout - the whole day. It is no big feat for me. I have stayed vegetarian for years. Back while I was in uni. And, yearly, in the month of Purattasi, for the One I so revere, Lord Tirupathi. It is just that I have skipped being a vegetarian on Fridays. Mum is particular about being vegetarian at least once a week, and in our home, it is the day before Saturday. 
Mum cooked a feast today. And called in our close relatives to join us for dinner. Right now, I feel like a python in the zoo, which has been fed with two whole buffaloes, and left to rest. This is what I had. Rice and saambar with a bitter leafy vegetable, pumpkin, mint chutney, potatoes, mashed brinjal, mango chutney, Thai styled mango Kerabu, onion vadais, kesari and payasam. 
Listening to a weird English song that I am somehow, actually, mesmerized, with. Heard this on American Idol, yesterday. A duet by my 2012 favourite contestant, Philip Philips. The original song was sung by Gotye and features Kimbra. 
Need to think of a happy song - befitting the occasion. A flirty one from Michael Madana Kama Rajan. 
Did you know that Kushboo's name was Shalini, in this movie ?????
Good night, and Happy Tamil New Year everyone. Lets all stay blessed.

No comments: