Saturday, June 9, 2012

Solli Teriyathu from Kalyaniyin Kanavan

On June 7th 2012, rediff.com listed Denmark as the happiest country in the world, with a life satisfaction score at 7.8. So, "Hej". And, "Goddag". Both, meaning "Hello" in Danish. I am back. Bouncy and beaming.....
Work has been hectic - in capital letters. I rarely get the opportunity to day dream - for even a few minutes - which is actually a blessing in disguise. 
Woke up a little later than my usual Saturdays. Around 8.15 am. Pretty early for many. I cannot sleep for long, in the mornings. A mild headache friends me, if I do.
Had a huge breakfast. And, continued the morning, chatting with my darling mother on this and that. Also managed to get some household chores and light gardening done.
The evening was cloudy. A good change. It has been raining cats and dogs - practically every day over here. Got a handful of jasmines. And, chanced upon a baby Thulasi plant - growing in Amma's garden. An auspicious finding, to me. That too, on a Saturday - the day of my revered Lord Tirupathi. 
Life has returned to normalcy. I am glad.....
I am actually in the midst of chalking a new post. A truly, heartfelt one. It is going to take some time - but post I shall. Especially now, that I am at a loss - vocally, but all schmaltzy, emotionally..... (I am laughing out loud, as these words hit the screen.....)
This sweet sappy number is a soother. Enjoy - the song, the day, the minutes, the God given life, the sweet memories, the everything good.....
See ya around......

No comments: