Saturday, June 30, 2012

Antha Sivagami from Pattanathil Bootham

Went to bed, very much earlier, than my usual Fridays. 
I enjoy Friday nights. Lots. They assure me a certain level of tranquility after 5 days of frenzy. I snoozed around 12am. And, woke up at 4.45am this morning, as fresh as a daisy. No - I did not get up right away, but spent an hour and a half, rolling on the bed, enjoying the breezy Saturday morning. 
Today is Ekadasi, and I am fasting. I do not consume solid food until sunset. I have been doing this for some months now. For the Lord Vishnu, I so revere and love. He gives me everything I ask for. And, this is how I thank him. A miniscule from a mortal, as I would put it. 
The washing machine is faulty. Has been for a week now. So, I did all the laundry by hand. Getting drenched in cold water, for the sake of clean clothes, was a nice change. 
My sister and I are planning to hit the island for breakfast and a mini shopping trip tomorrow. We plan to come home early. By lunch, at least. Sunday is after all, the day before the manic one. Most of us just want to spend, enjoying the remaining hours. Me, too.
And, ya, Spain and Italy are playing against each other for the EuroCup. I lost my bet when Germany fell short at the semi's. Now, I am vouching for Spain, to win the coveted title. I hope I will be able to drag myself from bed around 2.45am Malaysian time, to watch the finals. I am no fan of football, but it is the finals, and perhaps I should. 
Manam Kothi Paravai starring Sivakartikeyan was a good one. At least for me. I know it had many illogical points, but it was done in moderate taste. A family watch, definitely.
The song that I posting today is a repost. I cannot seem to find the YouTube clip that I uploaded. Such a waste. This number is a gem. One that will warm your heart and breeze your soul. Really. Take some time to listen to it if you have not..... 
I will send you around on today, after the witching hour. A post that I need to publish is still crawling for courage. I hope I find it in the wee hours of Sunday morning. 
Take care. God Bless.
Shalu is signing off with a smile - thanks to a sentimentally sweet Friday.

No comments: