Sunday, August 12, 2012

Thazhampoove Paasam Veesu from Kai Kodukkum Kai

Looking forward fervently to next weekend - when we, Malaysians get 4 days of national holiday. Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Isn't that great ? It is for me.....
The haze has yet to move away. And, due to it, the weather is massively humid. What most of us are wishing for right now, is a heavy downpour. The cat and dog one. The flurry. The rainstorm. Wish it would. Anytime. Without telltales or warning. That would be awesome, in capital letters.
Last Friday was wonderful. Met up with my girl friends for dinner. Had a whale of time despite the burnt hot plate ice cream brownie, which was supposed to be Karaikudi, Penang's dish of the day. We are planning a shopping trip the week after this. Let's see how it goes.
My Thulasi plants are growing steadily. This was planted with love and devotion. And seeing it grow from a tiny tot, thrills me.
Amma has been constantly reminding me about checking on our flight tickets to India, this coming Deepavali. She seems to be far more intent, than me, at times. I am, on the other hand, steadily enthusiastic about India.
I bought a book. Shadows Beneath the Fronds by Paul Callan. A Malaysian Indian love story. I have yet to start but will up keep you all posted, if it is a good read.
This is a beautiful song, yet treated as insignificant. IR. The maestro. His songs are ALL gems.
I am inclined towards these particular lines. Beautifully written, aren't they ??
தாழம்பூவே வாசம் வீசு
தாயின் தாயே கொஞ்சிப்பேசு.....
இனி நான் கோடி மலர் கொடுப்பேன்
உன்னை நான் பார்க்க விழி திறப்பேன்
இது சத்தியமே.....
நேரம் போனால் மேகம் ஏது
நீயும் போனால் நானும் ஏது
என்னுயிரே.....
Have a great week ahead !!! God Bless ........

No comments: