Sunday, September 16, 2012

Kannadasa Kannadasa from Thavam

This post is plain, impromptu. The main reason I am here, is this song. Solely. For its befitting lyrics (and, catchy tune). Today, while it played on my sister's car audio player, this song, lit me like a dynamite. I have heard it plenty of times. But, its radius today, is simply mystifying. Note, that I have used, is - present tense. It still, is.....
I realized that I like things written in point form. It is the lazy person's version of a paragraph, but, is gets the message or the idea, faster and precise. At least for me. So, stick with me, cause these next few weeks are going to be all about pointers and bullets. 
Excuse me, can I start ?????

  • I spent half of last Sunday at my town's Immigration Department. Was renewing my International Passport. The queue receipt they provided me, read, "Serving No. 1088, now." Mine was 1188. One hundred people ahead of me. When my turn came, it was nearly 3pm. Two things saved my day. My MP3 and the thought of India. 
  • I have finished reading Alice Sebold's "Lovely Bones". It was a moderate read. I am now engrossed in Elizabeth Gilbert's "Eat, Pray, Love" and find it a Super Wow Wow book. Love the way she puts life into words. Of the 108 beaded japamalas, 36 tales each in Italy, Indonesia and India, and India (intentionally mentioned twice).
  • I am a churidhar freak. An intensely growing churidhar freak, to be precise. Got two more pieces today. One in baby pink, and the other in bright saffron. This comes less than two weeks after a dark blue piece, a multi coloured striped piece and a dark brown with large orange flowers piece. I find them traditionally, alluring. In fact, while we were shopping today I was swept of my feet by this gorgeous checked orange and green lightweight cotton saree. My target by month end.
  • Today, I was a passenger in my sister's car. Zero conversation. This song of the day, playing in the background. And, tadaaaa - I hear every line of its lyrics. In detail. Moral of the story, you appreciate songs more in two situations. When, you are the driver and the only one in the car. And, when your are being driven, in silent conversation. Hmmm, I must be a mushy romantic, at heart.
  • Imman Annachi is one guy, who makes me laugh like a senseless, nut. Have you seen his expression ? No, I wouldn't mind dating him. Seriously. A guy who makes a girl laugh genuinely, is a keepsake. 
  • I need a personal ticker. For ???? For my countdown to the country where my soul resides. Yes, yes, yes. My soul lives in India. All over. It travels across all of its 28 states and 7 union territories. And, you know what ???? We are celebrating Deepavali in Pondicherry, where my maternal grandma lives. with a whole battalion of relations. Looking forward to a mega boisterous Festival of Lights.
  • I have been doing huge amounts of research. It has been ages since I invested so much of energy into a level of analysis, as this.  No. Not for any thesis or project paper. For my vacation to India. Places I would like to visit. Things I would like to do. Ones I have yet to. Like stopping over at Kanathur Jaganath Temple along ECR. Hop over to Guindy National Park. Unwind at Sowkhya Ayurvedic Spa. Have breakfast at Balaji's Sandwich Stall opposite Elsa Mall in Egmore. Watch "Neethane En Ponvasantham" at Satyam's (oh, puhleez GVM.... hopefully a Deepavali release, with fingers crossed) Plenty more..... (will keep you all updated)
  • It is 1.41am here in Sungai Petani, Kedah, Malaysia. My hometown. I have an early day tomorrow. It is the first day of the Tamil month of Puratasi, the holy month associated with my Lord Vishnu. And, yes, I am pure vegan for the next 30 days. So, good night..... God bless !!!!

No comments: