Sunday, September 2, 2012

Idicha Pacharisi from Uthama Puthiran

A super, super early Sunday morning for me. Rose at 6.15am and was out by 7.30am. A close gal pal of mine got hitched this morning. The semi hitch - the engagement, and it was in a temple on the island. I made it in time, despite a slight delay. Tying the saree, especially the "paatu" kind is not easy, mind you.... 
After the ceremony, we went back to her apartments and had breakfast. The place was happily, boisterous. A dose of what I needed more of. 
Stopped by a renowned temple on the mainland. Have been wanting to go there for months now. Glad I finally, made it. 
And, had mutton briyani for lunch, before heading back home..... 
This song brings a smile to the heart, and a flutter to the lips. No, you did not read it wrong. Intentionally written that way. Love is, indeed, as nutty as a fruit cake. 
These lines are constantly trailing my sanity. 
"என்னோட நீ சிரிச்சா, கண்ணீரை நீ துடைச்சா.....
வேறேதும் வேணாமே,  அது போதும்.....
ஏய் வீடு திரும்பையில, வாச தொறக்கையில.....
மஞ்சள் முகம் சிரிச்சா அதுபோதும்....."
Beautiful, is not it ? 
Off for a date. With the guy who makes me laugh for a whole hour. His name, is Iman Annachi and he comes on air at 4.30pm Malaysian time, on Adiyta Channel.
Have a beautiful week..... Keep smiling, keep rocking.....
God bless !!!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Keep smiling girl! Have a good date with Iman too! Malaysia sounds so beautiful and exotic, I have to plan a trip soon!

Love is indeed very mysterious, it can make you smile and cry, sometimes at the same time! I hope to write my story one day or sell it to Karan Johar to make a sappy movie out of it! It is that dramatic, trust me!

Mutton biryani sounds yummm. I recently started trying mutton too, here in the US, and loved it. My husband is a Jain (Gujarati) and I was raised a Brahmin, so we never had the opportunity to even taste such stuff. Recently, all seafood (we live near the coast), chicken wings and mutton are my favorites! Crab is just Yummmmm illa? I am sure you get great seafood there too!

From,
You-Know-Who (no not the Harry Potter wala)

Unknown said...

Keep smiling girl! Have a good date with Iman too! Malaysia sounds so beautiful and exotic, I have to plan a trip soon!

Love is indeed very mysterious, it can make you smile and cry, sometimes at the same time! I hope to write my story one day or sell it to Karan Johar to make a sappy movie out of it! It is that dramatic, trust me!

Mutton biryani sounds yummm. I recently started trying mutton too, here in the US, and loved it. My husband is a Jain (Gujarati) and I was raised a Brahmin, so we never had the opportunity to even taste such stuff. Recently, all seafood (we live near the coast), chicken wings and mutton are my favorites! Crab is just Yummmmm illa? I am sure you get great seafood there too!

From,
You-Know-Who (no not the Harry Potter wala)

Shallinee Raman said...

Haha... Harry Potter-Wala??? Isn't that a cute nick ?? I am smiling right now. Thanks to your last comment. You are most welcome to my country but promise to hitch me a ride on some big CC super bike.
Waiting for that Karan Johar masterpiece... Mine is, at the moment, as dull as, hmmm... the Coovam River :-P
I love fish, and yes - honey coated, barbecued chicken wings.... No crabs for me, though. Great seafood yaaa .... Come on over, dear !!! Aavalodu ungalai varaverkiren ..... :-)))))
p/s - You look gorgeous... I saw you through my crystal ball :-P

Raj said...

Talikng about yummy food, i have stopped eating outside for a long time - particularly, if i go to India, i try and avoid eating in any restaurant, including the so called star hotels. Me and my college went to India on an official trip and stayed at Leela Bangalore, I had the usual veg dinner (i am a pure veg, one of the reasons i avoid eating out), and guess what, had food poison, My colleague, poor guy, who wanted to taste some Veg also got food poison, it was his first trip to India (French Canadian) had plans to go to Goa but had to cancel and stay indoors.

Anyway, have fun and talk to you later!

Regards
Raj

Shallinee Raman said...

7 days a little late, but, yes, here I am, back, Raj !!!!! You are pure veg ?? Wow !!! I will be from Sept 17th for a month, for Puratasi, the Tamil calendar month associated with the Lord I so revere. Being veg is hard, as I get weird craving for non veg food all the time. :-(
Thanks for your well wishes, Raj. Life is going on..... You take care and stay blessed !!!
~Shalu~