Sunday, September 23, 2012

Rekkai Mullaithen from Sundarapandian


  • It is a beautiful Sunday afternoon, here. It drizzled, a midst the shining sun. Lovely, was the sight.
  • Shopping for my Deepavali saree later in the evening, my my mom and sister. I am like, 70% sure I am buying that yellow and green cotton saree. And, there after, a stop over to my tailor. Chaya time, to top it off.
  • 1 month, 2 weeks and 3 days to go? God, that seems so far away. Hmm - if only September would end today. October had only 5 days. And, the days after November 9th had 72 hours, a day - I would be EUPHORIC.
  • Raagamaliga's Duet series ended this morning. The Ramesh-Vijayalakshmi team, won, as expected. They are awesome singers. What was not (expected), though, is that the win was a tie with Sachin-Pratiba. I found it unjust. Unwarranted. But, as they say, the judges decision is final, and final, it shall be.
  • My wardrobe is a mess. And, right after I finish with my post, I am heading to get it in order. I like them neat and orderly.
  • Managed to drag my sister to temple yesterday, evening. I have been having a growing adoration for Goddess Kali. The past 5 months and so. Spent about 15 minutes at Her temple near to my home. Also, dropped by a Ranganathar Temple. The first of four Saturdays in the month of Puratasi, it was.
  • I am still reading Elizabeth Gilbert's, "Eat, Pray, Love". It is such an awesome read. Love every word in it. She puts life into words. She makes you imagine all that she writes. I am still in her musings about Italy. Yet to step into India and Indonesia.
  • Life has been super hectic. Work has become never ending, despite me attempting to clear them up. I have got to draw a plan so that I will not leave anything unresolved before my long vacation.
  • Have you had iced milk coffee at night ? I have been. Of lately. Find it, simply refreshing. Give it a try, ya !!!!!
  • And, here we are at the 10th bullet. It sounds violent. This song isn't - thankfully. I am signing off. And, I am signing off with a prayer for each and everyone of us. May our days and weeks and months and years ahead, be blessed by the Almighty. Have fun !!!

3 comments:

Raj said...

When i was in my university days of 80's , Ilayaraja's songs were great hit, The era of 80's saw beautiful melodies and Mohan (whatever happened to him?) gave so many great songs. Ilayaraja is visiting Toronto in November for the first time, i bought tickets to go the concert for my family (though pricey), My daughter was not too pleased that she had to come with us partly because of language barrier. I am hoping she would change her mind once she is in the auditorium. My wife and i are excited for the event. We are big fans of Vijay TV Super Singer program.

Where about in India are you going to? I assume you will go to Tamilnadu

Regards

Raj

Shallinee Raman said...

Hi Raj !!!! Oh God... You are going to watch IR, live ??? That sounds SO VERY wonderful. His songs are evergreens..... You go have a great time, and do hold your wife's hands tight every time the Maestro sings a great love song. We ALWAYS find that romantic. :-))))
TN definitely. I have traveled all over India. Except Himanchal Pradesh, I guess.....
Hmm... I do not know the whereabouts of the actor Mohan :-P but the Mog♥n, that I so blog about, is VERY MUCH around.. :-P
You take care. God Bless.

Shallinee Raman said...

Raj ??? You have been extremely quiet, of lately. How was the IR concert in Canada ??? Was expecting you to update me on it.... Hope all is well. Take care. God Bless.
p/s - writing this from my fav city, my Singaara Chennai. :-))))))