Sunday, June 16, 2013

For Appa ! Life is a song ! He is mine !

Another early Sunday. It is barely 7.30 am. I have taken my bath and said my prayers. Minutes ago - I was standing in front of his framed picture, in the prayer room - wishing him. It is Father's Day. And, it is a little special.
Now - I am in my room. The sun has risen - big and bright. It is a beautiful day.
Appa - Happy Father's Day !! It does not matter that you are not around, in person. You are in soul. In my soul. In every nook and corner of my heart. You always will. I love you beyond words. All the honorable words in the dictionary will never be enough to celebrate and laud you.
Appa - I am starting at "I love you !!!!!" Heaps. Tonnes. Infinitely. 
Appa - I miss you. Very, very much. I always will. You were and will continue to be my hero. My ultimate hero. 
I am what I am today - ALL - because of you.
You taught me to be nice to the people in my life.
You taught me to humble and never forget my roots.
You taught me to appreciate life.
You taught me to praise a good deed.
You taught me to love.
You taught me to be faithful.
You taught me that money is always secondary - to love and family and the best things in life.
You taught me to respect and take good care of Amma.
You taught me to put God and Amma on the highest pedestal. (and I learned to put you, higher above them.....)
You taught me to enjoy being called "Kannamah".
You taught me to constantly seek knowledge.
You taught me to never hurt another.
You taught me to adore my Tamil language.
You taught me to appreciate G. Ramanathan's everlasting music compositions.
You taught me to laugh over Chandrababu songs.
You taught me to wake up with a smile on my face.
You taught me to retire to bed with gratefulness.
You taught me to look up at the sky and make a wish. You taught me to believe in that wish.
You taught me to pray.
You taught me to seek forgiveness when I was wrong.
You taught me to forgive when hurt.
You taught me to respect elders.
You taught me to love books.
You taught me life.
You taught me life and the million things attached, to it.
You STILL teach me, Appa. From heaven above. You teach me that love never dies.
You teach me that, a father is always a girl's first hero. You are. Mine. My super, super hero..... You teach me that we NEVER stop missing the most important people in our lives.
You teach me that patience is indeed beautiful...... and, I shall wait patiently for the day I join you.
Appa - I miss you so much. So, so much.
Appa - I love you. With every breath of my heart. I always will......
Appa - I do not need Father's Day to wish you. You know, you are the greatest father, to me.
My bedside table has a picture of you, carrying me in your arms. The first picture I look at, the first thing in the morning. I tell you I love you everyday. Every single day. Today, too.....
Thanks for watching over me - even at this second.....
Love always,
~Your Kannamah~
p/s : - I do not need a song, Appa. You are my song. You are the happiest song of my life. You will always be........

No comments: