Saturday, June 8, 2013

Nenjukulle from Kadal

June is here, and I have 10 things to look forward to:-
  1. Mariyaan, the movie. Mid of June, many websites claim. Only Oscar Ravichandran, the producer, can verify. The trailer is simply amazing. Would love to watch the first day, first show. It would be perfect to watch it at Satyam's Chennai - but that would be out of question. India is still approximately 5 months away. I have always watched Dhanush's movies at the theaters. It started with Aadukalam. Then, Mayakam Enna and Moonu. Keeping my fingers crossed for this gem, as well.
  2. Father's Day. Every day is one for me. I have a picture of me in my father's arms, when I was around 4 or 5, on my bedside table. I wake up in the morning with a, "Appa - I love you. Bless me." grace, every day - without fail. I talk to him, all the time. He lives in my soul. He always will. The greatest father you can ever imagine. Words will never be able to rationalize the love and respect I have for him. God, I miss him like crazy.....
  3. A holiday. Yes. I need one. And, I am going to have one. May was hectic. The last 31 days were fully occupied. One or two days, this month - to rest, relax and unwind would be splendid. I really need a break !!!!!
  4. Refurbishing my room. Yes. It has been beautifully painted, a soft shade of oil based yellow. A colour similar to vanilla ice cream. It was blue, before that. Professionally done, thus costly. I have been flipping magazines, for ideas. The yellow, brown and grey combination looks charming. Hmmm.....
  5. Lots of internet. Jovially. The return of my broadband. After a month of lending it to my brother. He has gone to the country's capital for work, and will be stationed there for another two months or so. 
  6. Lunch dates. With a girl friend from work - on weekdays. With my family and friends, during weekends. Hooray !! I love food. Penang is a gastronomical heaven. In fact, you can get great food anywhere, in Malaysia. From road side stalls to fancy restaurants. It is all about experimenting. 
  7. Craft making. I want to sew something. I have this beautiful English cotton fabric. It's light sky blue with pink roses. I am undecided on what, though. A drawstring pouch. A baby elephant soft toy. Martha Stewart's website should come as help. 
  8. My camera. It is at the Canon centre, for now. Lens error, its display read. It is under a two year guarantee, and I have sent it to them, for servicing. I am supposed to get it back around the 20th of the month. Looking forward to clicking my heart out, once it comes home.
  9. Penang's Ferry Service. At last, after years, both ramps on both sides - the island, as well as the mainland, are all in working order- as at present time. So, hopping on the ferry, is a breeze. Waiting time has been lessened and the rides are more frequent. I hope it stays this way. Riding on a ferry, anytime of the day, with the soft sea breeze blowing on your face and the sound of waves lulling your ears - is tranquilizing. It puts you in a happy romantic mood.....
  10. The month of July. We have two extra holidays. One in the beginning of the month and one at the end. I am simply elated. I love holidays. Let me plan something for next month as well.
Smile. It is a Saturday. You get to rest, tomorrow, too.....
p/s - Shaktishree Gopalan, the singer, has such profound fashion sense. I am besotted fan.

No comments: