Sunday, June 9, 2013

My present craze - Innum Konjum Neram from Mariyaan.

Thank you, Almighty God. For this blessed life. For the liberal religion I was born into. For a great family. For equally wonderful friends. For everything. I thank, Thee.
It is 7.15am. A beautiful Sunday morning. I am an early bird. On about 360 days of years. The sun rays are seeping into the room. I am smiling, as I write this..... (Innum Konjum Neram Irunthaathaan Enna song from Mariyaan is playing in the background)
  • Rainy nights..... Romantic as it sounds. I am a Scorpion, born in November. We are die hard sentimentalist. 
  • Candles..... A replica of benevolence. Self sacrificing. Like a mother - who would give up anything for her child. My Amma is my candle. She carries the torch for me - and I will always do the same. 
  • Long phone calls..... From someone I hold close to heart - yes !!! Or else, I would not be able to sustain one.
  • Hot cocoa..... No. I would prefer hot milk tea or hot milk coffee. Cocoa is fiery. I already have a mild sore throat. I do not want to worsen the situation.
  • Love letters..... It has been ages since I got one. During my school days - yes. I would be amazingly surprised, if I received one. Wishful thinking, is all I have to say.
  • The smell of old books..... I love books. Appa instilled my enthusiasm in them. Old or new - does not matter. I do not smell them. Never have had such a habit. I read them - passionately, though.
  • Silences that aren't awkward..... Nice. You know - like the silence, when you are holding hands or gazing into each others eyes and your souls exchange the words. Perfect.
  • Kept promises..... It is not easy keeping promises especially when they carry a huge responsibility. But keeping promises is a beautiful and respectable trait. 
  • Cozy clothes..... Traditional clothes, for me. They are cozy and comfortable and above all, decent.
  • Slow dances..... "Maalai Mangum Neram" from Rowthiram. Under the stars. 
  • British accents..... No wayyyyyyyy.... For me, it's always Chennai Tamil !!!! Gettu !!! :-
  • Cheek kisses..... The last one was for my sister - while she was hospitalized, for anemia, recently. Evening visiting hours were on verge of ending. I planted her a soft cheek kiss and wished her good night - before walking away, tears rolling down my face in buckets, as I hurried along the hospital corridor. She is my second mum. What do you expect when I have no choice but to leave her alone to rest and recuperate. She is hale and healthy now. Thank God.
  • Late mornings..... Yay. When it is raining heavily outside. And, the bed is warm. Heavenly.
That's all. Not bad. My second post for June. I did just one - in May. This is, indeed, improvement.....
God Bless you all. Have a wonderful week ahead. Take care.
Shalu, signing off.
Cannot think of a song right now. Innum Konjum Neram from Mariyaan is still playing, in my room. I cannot find its video counterpart. This mp3 itself is one that a wonderful friend gave me. This song is just breathtakingly beautiful with awesome lyrics. I am STILL smiling.

No comments: