Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Kanna Karumai Nira Kanna from Naanum Oru Penn

It is drizzling outside, and I can already smell the freshness of earth. Nature is so beautiful. If only we appreciated it more often. The drizzle has since turned into a heavy pour, and I can hear its rhythmic pats on my roof. Nice. I am smiling.

Relationships are an asset, if you know how to take good care of them. They are, long term investments. But, the trail towards achieving a good one is not easy. Lots of compassion is needed. And, a bit of everything else. It's a potpourri.

My stereo is playing Pookal Pookum from Madrasapattinam. Ya. Yet again. I cannot seem to get enough of this song. It is so lovely. So pure. So soothing. And, the song was fitted well in the movie.

It is raining cats and dogs now. Heard over Makkal News that is is raining the same in India. Tamil Nadu, to be precise. It rained while I was in Chidambaram. Heavy, heavy rain. And, I miss India. Miss her so much, if I had wings, I would have flown there, right away. Forget the rain. I would move mountains and wade through oceans to be on my beloved Indian grounds. Approximately two months away, and my heart is leaping to go right now. Already.

Old songs are evergreen. This one is still soothing, despite the years. I thank my Appa for teaching me to appreciate old Tamil songs. They are gems. This one is, too. Listen.

No comments: