Saturday, September 24, 2011

Mannan Koorai Selai from Siraichalai

Alas - I am back. The weekend getaway was marred by a viral fever that attacked me and a couple of other girlfriends. Most of us stayed in the hotel room, to recuperate, while the luckier ones went out to enjoy the island sun, and had a blast at it. The only activities we (the-not-so-healthy-ones) did was night shopping and laughing hard in the confines of our rooms.
The island was wonderful, no doubt. The timing and the health issues, did not sync. That's all.
I am already planning one in the near future. Thanks to the awesome Sunday morning weather on this legendary island. The romantic - cloudy, misty, drizzly, and breezy kind.
Tomorrow is the first Saturday of the month of Puratasi. The month considered highly auspicious to us, Hindus. The month, when special prayers are offered to Lord Balaji, Navagrahas and Lord Shani. The popular belief is that Lord Venkateswara made his divine presence on the earth while Lord Shani loses his power, during this entire month.
I am a vegetarian this Puratasi, and a single meal devotee on its auspicious Saturdays'. And, yes, I have a red dot on my forehead - for my Lord Balaji, who I revere and worship with all my heart, to.
Great day folks !!!

No comments: