Sunday, September 11, 2011

Yaar Veetil Roja from Idhayam Oru Kovil

Ha sido un tiempo... That's "been a while", in Spanish. Ya. I guess, it has. Been a while - since my last post. 
Appa's death anniversary, was last 3rd September. Hence, me being a little, morose. I miss him. All the time. Greater during that week. The hours, days and years I could have shared with him..... 
I woke up, around 7.05am, to the sound of heavy rain and the comfort of cool breeze. TGIS. That was exactly what ran through my head. Thank God It's Saturday. Hinting and suggesting - I was entitled to sleep a little longer. How nice. How fair. And, despite feeling dopey and slumberous, I reached out for my I-Pod, and plugged my ears with, what else, but Maalai Mangum Neram. Contradicting. "Maalai" is night in Tamil. Here, morning had just emerged. But, the situation was just so, right. The essential song for a rainy morning when the heart feels  schmaltzy. Vintage material - in other words. 
Today's song comes from Idhayam Oru Kovil. Chosen for these particular lyrics, :-
ராகங்கள் நூறு அவர் கொடுப்பார்
கீதங்கள் நூறு அவர் தொடுத்தார்
ஜீவன் அங்கே என்னை தேடும்
பாடல் இங்கே காற்றில் ஓடும்
காணாமல் கண்கள் நோகின்றதோ.....
தெய்வம் இல்லை என்று போகுமோ.....
Cheers, good day and enjoy !!!
p/s - The roses, thulsi leaves and jasmines are all fresh from Amma's garden. யார் வீட்டில் ரோஜா பூ பூத்ததோ ???? என் வீட்டில் ... என் மனதில்.....

No comments: