Sunday, September 25, 2011

Nilavenna Pesum from Rani Samyuktha

One from my father's well liked melodies.  I am indebted to him for some many great things in life. The good, positive and honorable ones. 
Deepavali is about a month away. That time of the year, when I miss him more than ever. Yes - I miss him all the time, but the festive season adds fuel to the yearning. Deepavali, with him around, was perfect. The doting and devoted father that he was to me and to us, siblings. All throughout the year. Every day of his life - while he was still around. 
Amma must miss him more than me. It is just that she does not have a channel to pen her feelings - like yours truly. Theirs was love marriage, so I can imagine the intensity of the loss. Relationships are the sustenance of life. The shot in the arm that keeps us going. And, losing them is devastating.....
Saturday afternoon was spent out shopping with my sister. Yet again. She wanted to get a pair of gold earrings. Me - a tag along, as always. Evening was spent watching a favourite movie, Siva Manasula Sakthi, on Sun TV with, mum and my favourite cup of home made coffee - after my Puratasi Sani prayers, of course. 
This is a beautiful, old number. Melodious. And, lyrical. Love is a beautiful feeling. Do not wait for tomorrow to spill that heart of yours. Do it, today. Make someone happy, by confessing the entrails of your soul.....
Have a happy day !!

No comments: