Sunday, April 3, 2011

En Uyir Thozhi from Karnan

Sunday is here. So fast. It was just like Friday evening, a few hours ago. Time passes. That is why they say so, I guess. Now, I need to start longing for the next Friday evening.
My father raised me by singing lots of beautiful, Tamil songs. I loved them, then, and still do, now. I guess, I owe him one. I owe him lots, actually -for everything. He is what I am today. And, despite him not being around, everything good I do, is an acclamation to him. He is my thoughts all the time.
If I can actually appreciate this En Uyir Thozhi song from the 1964 release, Karnan, like so many other old songs enthusiasts, then I have no one, but my father, to thank. He instilled my passion for old Tamil songs and movies, and the beautiful ancient language, itself.
This song is beautiful. Just like my father. He was beautiful - in heart, soul and all. He still is, to me. Forever, will be. Not a second passes by without me missing him. He lives in my heart and will do so forever. Love you, my darling Appa. God bless you soul.

No comments: