Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Ondraa Iranda Aasaigal from Kaaka Kaaka

Hours away from our Tamil New Year. Today went well. I have been humming this song for a few days now. This movie was a blockbuster hit. I thought it was my movie of the year. It was, the movie of the year too, actually - winning plenty of awards in the film industry. A milestone in the Tamil cinema. One of Gautham Vasudev Menon's most amazing movies. From songs, screenplay and cinematography - everything was flawless.
I did not like this song as much as I did some others back then. I was more a fan of "Ennai Konjum Maatri" and "Oru Ooril Azhage Endru" song. This just didn't make me stand up. Back then, I mean.
Things have taken a quantum leap since a week or so. I am presently an enthusiast of this song. I hum, doing my work. These particular lines are my favourite. In fact, I am all zeal for this song due to this particular lines.
கண்களை நேராய் பார்த்துதான்
நீ பேசும் தோரணை பிடிக்குதே
தூரத்தில் நீ வந்தாலே
என் மனசில் மழையடிக்கும்
மிகப்பிடித்த பாடலொன்றை
உதடுகளும் முணுமுணுக்கும்
மந்தகாசம் சிந்தும் உந்தன் முகம்
மரணம் வரையில் என் நெஞ்சில் தங்கும்
உனது கண்களில் எனது கனவினை காணபோகிறேன்.....
I hit the sack early nowadays. 10pm and I am on bed, soundly asleep as a log. Everything has been a little tiring of lately. Sweet dreams, and good night. This song will lullaby you to dreamland. Believe me.

No comments: