Friday, April 15, 2011

Nenjangkootil Neeye Nirkirai from Dishyum

A day after the Tamil New Year, Kara. My favourite day of the week. Friday. The anticipation towards Saturday itself, is a delight.
14th April 2011. He wishes me as early as 6.30am. I ask where is the "my dear" clause that he so often uses. He replies with one. I am all smiles. Joy is instant, at hand, and in abundance.
I desperately need to post a duet today. He informs me that he will come in my dreams, to sing a good duet. I request for a sentimental one. He differs. He wants some 'kuthu' song. I am, again, all smiles. The only 'kuthu' song that I am shamelessly crazy about is that "Otha Sollala" song from Aadukalam. No other song from that genre has ever been able to touch me that deep. That song is just out of the world. The one that makes you go va-va-voom, and sustains it forever. I am lost. I cannot think of one that can rival that.
The only song that comes to mind is this. Nenjangkootil Neeye Nirkirai from Dishyum. Not a sentimental duet. Neither the 'kuthu' he likes. Something that came to mind at the wink of eye. Lyrics deserve special mention for being idiosyncratic and uncommon.
I am super sleepy now. Hit the bed is all want to do next. Waiting for him to come in my dreams, will be a beautiful anticipation.

No comments: