Saturday, April 16, 2011

Sollathaan Ninaikiren Sollamaal Tavikiren from Kathal Sugamanathu

It is 11.15am here, right now, in Malaysia. The legendary Meenakshi Kalyanam day. The day Shiva directed Meenakshi to return to Madurai, and promised her that he would join her in eight days as her groom. Accordingly, Meenakshi returned to Madurai, and at the appointed time, the divine wedding was celebrated with pomp and splendour. Maha Vishnu, believed to be the brother of Meenakshi is said to have given the bride away. Ugra Pandyan the son of the divine couple is believed to be none other than Subramanya. The legend of Meenakshi Kalyanam brings together four of the six main streams in popular Hinduism i.e. the Saiva,Shakta, Vaishnava and Skanda faiths – and this grand culmination of faiths is still celebrated in great splendour today, in an enactment of Meenakshi Kalyanam each year, when images of Skanda and Vishnu are brought to the Madurai Meenakshi temple from Tirupparamkunram nearby. How beautiful. My favourite Gods and Goddess stand together, in this auspicious occasion. My Shivan, my Shakti, my Muruga and my Thirupathi. This promising day. 
My anticipation of this promising Saturday did not go to waste. Saturday's have been always memorable. In fact, it started as early as 11pm Friday. I was in bed, just about to go to sleep. Saw a missed call back at 6.09pm. How could I? Missed him and his phone call. And, a message. Must have been busy. Real busy. Never does his name not catch my eye. Never. I must have been daydreaming. I return his call, at that very moment. 11.19pm. He picks up within the 3rd ring. "How ? Was just sending you a message. So, was I in your dreams ?", he asks sheepishly. I laugh. Genuinely. How do you explain this intuition between two hearts, separated by distance, but held together by a mystifying feeling, and how much of your heart that they actually hold, without even realizing it. He continues to tease me. As always. Only this time around, they have become very expressive and significant. I continue to laugh my heart out. His presence is prime to me, although it is just a mere phone call which lasts 15 minutes. Mogan, I wish I had words to tell you how happy you make me. How content and blissful it is to hear you whisper all those sweet somethings. And, how I am truly and honestly ecstatic in your presence. 
Waking up early to wake him up is a duty I enjoy. On Saturdays. He beats me to it, though. Nice. To wake up to that husky, masculine, just-out-of-shower voice. He has an abundant sense of humour. Any time of the day. He teases me. A continuation of yesterday. I, love it, despite all. I am laughing, unquestionably. It is unaffected and sincere. My laughs - with him. Appa use to do that to me. Make me laugh - genuinely. He does it now. He goes to temple on Pournamis. Tomorrow is one. I remind him. He says he may be busy. I pacify him, that I will go instead. He agrees with a smile that I can feel through his voice. Beautiful isn't it ? Two hearts, so much of distance and yet a monumental amount of unity in thoughts and hearts and laughter.  I adore him in heaps, mass and mountains. I do - undoubtedly. 
This song is dedicated to him. The one who I talk so much about, to Appa. The one who makes me laugh like I am in the midst of the world's greatest comedy film. The one who plants a million butterflies in my heart. The one who makes me feel like going to bed is a trip to paradise. The one who makes me wish that every phone call and sms on my mobile is his. The one who makes me feel that every knock on the door is him. He makes me a poet. 
Thanks you God. For everything. Appa, I know you are reading this. And, listening to everything in my heart. Please stand by me. By us. M, I pray for our hands to walk as one......


1 comment: