Monday, December 26, 2011

Anbu Mugam from Rusi Kanda Poonai

One hectic weekend - in spite of being a three day one. Blame it on the season to be merry. Saturday was spent all out and about. So, was yesterday. Today - first half of the day. Frantic, but fun. 
Only 5 days, to go before the year bids goodbye and welcomes a brand new one. How fast.....
Managed to list down, 

My Pick of Ten Songs for 2011. 
10. Why This Kolaveri Di from 3 – Dhanush, Lyrics : Dhanush, Music : Anirudh - The song that has taken the world by storm. Something about Dhanush's voice's playfulness, blows my mind. Guys with a great sense of humour always win.
9. Sara Sara Kaathu from Vaagai Sooda Vaa – Chinmayi. Music: M Ghibran - A simple tune that easily hooks you. The antediluvian feel, love song. 
8. Oru Naal Vidumurai from Doo – Haricharan & Prashanthini, Lyrics : G.Kumar, Music : Abishek-Lawrence - Sentimental reasons, for the first two lines. Something that was on my Ipod 24-7 some time back. 
7. Kathal Adaimazhai Kaalam from Aanmai Thavarael – Music : Mariya Manogar - Simply love, as in L-O-V-E, the video clip of the song. As sweet as sentiments, right ?
6. Sota Sota Ninaiyavaithaai from Engeyum Eppothum - Chinmayi & Sathya.C, Lyrics : Na. Muthkumar, Music : Sathya.C - From one of the best movies of year. Beautifully amusing lyrics that you could relate to.
5. Mazhai Varum from Veppam – Suzanne, Lyrics : Na. Muthkumar , Music : Joshua Sridhar - Rain song. Not soup song. Be it a drizzle, or a heavy pour - they hold so many sweet memories for me. Just like this beautiful number. And, Suzanne's husky voice. 
4. Paathagathi Kannupattu from Kazhugu – Yuvan Shankar Raja, Lyrics : Snegan, Music : Yuvan Shankar Raja - A present favourite. Lyrics deserve a standing applause. Yuvan is a musical genius, just like dad. MUST LISTEN FOR THE YEAR !!!!
3. Vizhigalile Vizhigalile from Kullanari Kootam - Karthik & Chinmayi, Lyrics : Na. Muthkumar, Music : V Selvaganesh - This was my mobile ringtone for a long, long time. Something about this song makes me smile - broadly. Still does.
2. Maalai Mangum Neram from Rowthiram - Ranina Reddy, Lyrics : Thamarai, Music : Prakash Nikki - The song I was and still am crazy, crazy about. I was dumbfounded the very first time I listened to it. It STILL continues to startle me. Lyrics that remind me of no one, but him..... ..... .....
1. Ayyayo Nenju from Aadukalam - S. P. Balasubramanyam , S. P. B. Charan & Prashanthini Music : G.V.Prakash Kumar, Lyrics : Snehan - One of my ALLTIME favourite love songs. My staple song, I would say..... 
Not too late to wish you all Merry Xmas, right ??? See ya around.....

No comments: