Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Kaayile Inippadenna from Manamulla Maruthaaram(1958)

Note : This has been scheduled to be posted on Tuesday morning......
I love old songs. Thanks to Appa - for serenading me with loads of them from the very first day he held me in his arms.....
The term 'வாயாடி' shows up in a line in this song. 'வாயாடி' - meaning talkative. Or chatty, gabby and plain loquacious. One of Appa's favourite pet name, for me. Besides, his favourite, 'கண்ணமா' or Kannamah..... 
My monikers, that only nearest and dearest, are aware of - but, right now, being flaunted to the rest of the universe.....
The lyrics from this song are written by A. Maruthakasi. If you are someone from my generation, there is high chance that you do not know him. I , too, would have not known him, if not for Appa. Every time he was in his happy moods, he used to sing and hum the jolly Chinnakutti Naatanaa, sung by Trichy Loganathan. This lively number's lyrics were written by A. Maruthakasi. 
I miss Appa. Lots, lots and lots..... 
Take care. God Bless !!!

No comments: