Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sirpi Sedukaatha from Ethirparathathu (1954)

I am yearning - to write. It is way past midnight. The weather is cold and chilly, thanks to a whole day of rain. A couple of songs, Tamil, of course, are playing, in the background, softly, in the drop dead silence of my bedroom.
It's funny how the littlest things can make you feel larger than life; the right lyrics, the most heartfelt melody, the clearest message. Love. This one is by Alex Gaskarth.  I so, agree.
I have heard this song - many years back. Appa used to hum this one, too. At that time, it did not seem so monumental. It does, now, though. The lyrics are moving. Just like what Gaskarth says. Love makes you notice the trivials. The microscopics. Really. It makes you notice the ignored and appreciate the neglected. It brings out the poet in you – spontaneously. Like this song. It has immense and epical lyrics. If only, you understood the depth of this song's Tamil lyrics. 
He is on my thoughts all the time. My father. The beautiful moments I shared with him, when he was still around - overwhelm and choke me at times. I miss him. I do. Always will. Happiness was aplenty back then. They are still ample, but the ones my father brought, are up, there, high on the pedestal. Mogan makes me laugh lots, now. Authentic, bona fide laughters. He has been busy with work lately. I understand. I am justifying his hectic duties. I am consoling my pining heart. Love is harder than what we think it is. The lyrics of this song are tailor made for present situation. Every and each word. Tamil words that illustrate my sentiments - perfectly. 
I miss my father. I know he is missing me, too. Without a doubt. I think of him all the time. I know he is thinking of me, too - from the heaven, up above. 






No comments: