Sunday, May 8, 2011

Thaye Thaye from Kaathalar Kudiyirupu

A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts. 
~Washington Irving~


Dedicated to my mother. My Goddess Shakthi, in mortal form. 
For being there when I needed her most. For accepting me, flaws and all. For bearing all my tantrums, tempers, outbursts and madness. For forgiving me, my misconducts, sins and blunders. For relishing me, just the way I am. For blessing me and always praying and hoping for my very best. Thank you, so very, very much. 
I have always been Appa's child. That goes without saying. Everyone knows. Practically, everyone  - who know me in person. But these, same 'everyones', do not know some notable things. And, I guess, I need to own up, this Mother's Day. 
Amma,
After Appa's passing, you have been my Numero Uno. My mortal Goddess. I pray for you everyday. Pray for your wellbeing and happiness. Pray that you are always save, in the Almighty's arms. Pray that I get called back to the Almighty first. I want to be able to wait for you at the gates of Heaven, with Appa. Seriously and truthfully, I do. You are everything in my life. My pillar of support. The base on which my life is built. I cannot imagine a day without you, in my life. Appa's passing shattered my life. I do not think I will ever be able to bear another. God is listening, and I know, when our prayers are pure and taint-less, He will answer them, accordingly. 
Amma,
Thanks for everything. With a love like yours, everyday is Mother's Day. 
And, to the rest of the Mothers in the world - Have a blessed life. 



No comments: