Thursday, June 23, 2011

Evano Oruvaan Vaasikiran from Alaipayuthey

Never, will I get tired of Alaipayuthey. Not at any time. Not by any means. This is my favourite movie. My best-loved, front runner, all time favourite. I have watched it plenty of times. Definitely more than 50, in all. 7 at the cinemas. And the remaining - on original DVD. Absolutely and doubtlessly. But, it always feels like I am watching it for the first. Always an amusement. Forever a charm. The perfect Tamil love story. An epic from the great Maniratnam. 
This is one of my favourite scenes in the movie. I shed tears of joy every time I watch this particular scene. It is just so unquestionably, deeply and authentically romantic. An ultimatum for a Scorpio like me. 

This song is one close to heart. The late Swarnalatha-Ji delivered this number, with impressive emotions. If you can understand Tamil, the lyrics of the song, will just blow your mind. 


No comments: