Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Kaatril Eeram from Veppam

Venerating Veppam
First – my ratings. 9.9/10. A near perfect hit. I am finally done (and, happy and contented) with the movie I had so much of anticipation for. Opinions differ, and this is, solely, mine. Read on, how Veppam brought me here.
From the very first time, I saw its trailer, I knew, deep inside, that, this would be my kind-of-a-movie. Charging and fueling me further with expectation and hopes, was the husky rendition of Mazhai Varum song by Suzanne.
When I read of its 29th July 2011 release in India, I was keeping my fingers crossed. That, it would do, too, simultaneously, here in Malaysia. Sadly, it didn’t.
And, in spite of all, I eventually, watched this awesome movie last night. A standing ovation from me. Defintely. Moderately original screenplay, natural acting, beautiful illustration, GVM’s narration and lots of startling twists and turns. This is one 2011 release which I would recommend fellow good Tamil movie supporters. The ones that weigh movies by storyline, acting abilities and immense direction. Like yours truly.
I am not going to spoil the surprise neither axe the amazement of what the movie delivers, but want to leave a few footnotes.
I truly liked :-
- Anjana Ali Khan’s slick, maiden directorial debut. Engaging cinematography .
- Muthukumar’s portrayal as Balaji, the bitter but caring elder brother.
- Also, want to mention that the handsome Nani as Karthi, gorgeous Nitya Menon as Revathy, naive and love stricken Karthik Kumar as Vishnu, attractive Bindu Madhavi as Viji and despicable Shimmor as Jothi, have all, aced their parts.
Veppam, is a yes, for me. One that I would love to watch once again.  One that I place among my recommended 2011 releases like Aadukalam, Yudham Sei, Thoonga Nagaram, Nadunisi Naaygal, Kulanari Kootam, Vaanam, Azhagarsamiyin Kuthirai, Aaranya Kandam and Nootrenbadhu(180).
What I am waiting for, next ? Cheran and Prasanna’s Muran. And, Vimal’s Vaagai Sooda Vaa.
p/s – This video was shot in PY. Pondicherry, my mum's hometown. Note the stolen moments at 01:30 to 01:50. Semma romantic. Semma chemistry. 

No comments: