Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The quintessential "in love" scenario ~ Me, Myself & I. Penjakaa Mazhai from Kangaroo.

Case Study : Me, Shalu.
Case Characterization : A typical Indian at heart. An ethnic Chennaite, in soul. 
Offbeat Note : Born and bred in Malaysia. My soul, resides in Tamil Nadu, though. In all 130,058 km² of it. 
Proclamation : This post is all about me, and no one else. It concerns MY manner of behavior, when struck by Cupid's arrow. It is not intended to offend, anyone, at any point. 

♥1 I wear a LOT of Indian traditional attire. 

Churidhars Suits, Kurtis and Sarees. 
REALLY. I cannot explain the logic, but this is how it is for me. 
Cotton churidhar suits and kurtis with jeans, being my favourite - on dates. 
With anklets and bangles and jhumkas. 
And, one of my many Indian Jolna bags, in hand. 
I associate it with comfort. 
I feel complacent. I feel at home.
Nothing glitzy. Nothing gaudy. 
Something pleasant and makes me feel a million.

♥2 I have no fringe. I have a side parting hairstyle. I have a red pottu and the thiruneer, on my forehead.

Another of of my "love" theories.
If you see me in an attire as described in ♥1♥ combined with ♥2♥, then you can be like 95% sure, it is him, beside me. 
If you see me, alone - then, it is the presence and aura, he has left behind and the fact that I am happily, reeling from it. 
My hair is neatly pinned or pulled to the back of my ears, with a drop of hair oil.
A red pottu. Any given time. A pledge to him.
The thiruneer. The holy ash. 
The reminder of the presence of God. 
The enhancement of the next door girl persona.
Unassuming.

♥3♥ I become genuinely concerned. The "motherly" effect.

It is a sincere and genuine feeling.
I am constantly asking him to take care, of himself.
I am advising him to be safe on the road. 
I am worried about his health. 
I am a little anxious about the amount he spends working. 
I steadily pray for him and his well being. 
I keep him, in my heart, my thought and my soul - at all times.
With him, I am governed by this "motherly" qualities.

♥4♥ I wait. Patiently.

For everything.
His phone calls.
His sms'.
His Facebook messages.
His e-mails. (he has yet to send me "ANY" :-), but I am smiling anyway)
Our short meetings.
Our dates.
Our outings.
Anything, from him.
It's a wonder how I have become so tolerant and accepting. 
It's a surprise how I do not make it an issue.
He dignifies me. 
Yes, he does.

♥5♥ I tend to talk a lot. Gracious and mannerly.

Yes, I do.
Talk more than usual.
Not just with people close and around me.
But, to pets and plants, as well.
To, Dodo, the Labrador Retriever mix breed.
To, Michael, the puppy. 
To Jerry, the Arowana fish.
To the Tulsi plant, in Amma's garden.
To my potted palm leaves and ferns.
To the blooming roses and jasmines.
To the stars, the skies and the seas.
To myself.
And, I sing and hum, too - lots of Illayaraja's.
And, I pay huge attention to its lyrics.

♥6♥ I constantly steal glances of him. 

Lots. 
I like to look at him. 
In person.
In photos.
Be it a brief gaze. Or a long stare. 
When he is not looking - innumerable times.
When caught - I blush nervously and bloom with a smile.
When we are in a sea of crowd.
When it's just the both of us.
The want to look at him is huge but never sufficient.
And, when I catch him, looking at me - my heart races and sprints and somersaults.

Yes. This is how I am, when in love. Things I have discovered.....
So, when you see me with all these traits - ehem, ehem, you know, huh ?

This is a "semma" song.....
The quintessential "in love" song, for now.....
The AWESOME lyrics are by the great Padma Bushan Vairamuthu.....
Introduced to it during my favourite TV show, Super Singer 4 on Vijay TV.

Stay blessed.

No comments: