Sunday, March 13, 2011

Koorana Parvaigal from Thoonga Nagaram

Some songs just catch you by surprise. They do not become mega hits. They do not appeal to the mass. And, yet, they bolt and buckle you, - somehow. This is what the song that I am posting today, did to me. I was just browsing through some current songs, and this tunefulness made me a fan. Like the soft harmony and the simple Tamil lyrics. A good listen when all you want to do is off the lights, roll on the bed, and hug the pillow for warmth - and smile, secretly, over those sweet memories, that flood you. 
I was supposed to watch Thoonga Nagaram while I was in Madurai, but couldn't. The title of the movie, does refer to this famous Temple City, after all. Tried to, again, while I was in Chennai, and failed, the second time, around, as well. Right now, back in Malaysia, I am waiting for the original DVD. 
It is a Sunday afternoon. Hot and sunny. Chennai would be the same right now. My Chennai. Just two and a half hours behind. That's all. My metropolitan city would be bustling with life. I miss her. Very much. The affinity I share for this city is mystifying. It must have to do something with my past life. Sure, of that, though. I am, unashamedly, crazy, crazy about Chennai, Tamil Nadu and India - in that exact order. No European cities for me. I am, all Indian. 
Go enjoy the Sunday. Hours away before Manic Monday knocks on our doors. Life is beautiful, when you make it so. Have a great one !! A great Sunday, and a great life - ahead. Cheers from Shalu.

No comments: