Thursday, March 3, 2011

Taakuudhe Kann Thakuudhe from Baana Kaathadi

Day 1
He takes the holy ash from my palms. Even his finger nails do not brush me. I am startled. Taken aback. How purely sweet. How genuinely beautiful. He scores 10 for Day 1.
Day 2
A state holiday comes next. Jams are just waiting to start. In fact, they have started in some places. Public transportation is going to be a mess. It may take hours to reach home. A female colleague from hometown drove her two wheeler, this morning. She asks me to follow. I am unsure. But the invitation is a good way for me to not get caught in the holiday hustle. He calls. I ask him for an extra headgear. He asks, why. I explain. He responds immediately and persuasively, not to. He says it will be dangerous. He advises. He urges. And convinces. I tell him I won't. He can take my word. He actually called to send me lunch. Vegetarian. Sweet. He scores another 10 for Day 2.
Day 3
The Pandi Bazaar roads are brimming with autos, cars, bicycles, buses and every mode of transportation you can imagine. Mum is walking beside me. The sound of horns are abundant. Chennai is always like that. He calls. He talks. He goes into silent mode. Then, as sweet and slow, as the cool sea breeze, he wishes me. He was building up courage, I guess. Siberian cold weather embraces my blazing hot Chennai. Nice. Again sweet. Sweeter than all those toothsome stuff in Krisha Sweets and Adyar Ananda Bhawan's. It was Valentine's. And, he scored a big 10 - again.
Moral of story
He is making grades. Gradually. Hahaha. Sounds like some school report.
Song for the Score
Taakuudhe Kann Thakuudhe from Baana Kaathadi. Lyrics are 100% apt, and a big 100 total score for all three days. You need to listen to every line. Patiently. How germane it is for my situation......




No comments: