Friday, March 18, 2011

Unnai Ninaikavey from Jay Jay

Been missing my dad, lots, of lately. Lots. I do not know why. But he is my thoughts, more often. More often, than ever. Sometimes, I think of the times we used to spend together. At others, I cry myself over all those beautiful memories, we shared, while he was still around. It has been 22 years now. Since that dreadful 3rd September 1990. So many years have passed, but memories of Appa flood me all the time. I was, indeed, the apple of his eye. Was his darling Kannamah. I, was, practically, everything - to him. I do not have any doubt on that. He adored me heaps. I still believe he does - from up above, amongst those heavenly clouds. His love keeps me going. It always will.
Today was beautiful. It will be long remembered. Imprinted in my heart. My second Valentine’s Day. Ya. He continues to make me smile. I am, currently, listening, to my all time favourite, Enthan Uyire from Unnarage Naan Irunthaal. Such a sentimental number. Mind blowing lyrics. I love this song. This is practically what I would like to tell him. Really. Anyone's heart would melt to this one. Again, really.
Appa... I wish you were around. Everything would have been rosier. Minus the thorns. I am sure you would have liked him. He makes me very happy. Just like what you did. And still do, with the memories you have left behind. I laugh at practically everything he says. No, I do not make them up. Those barrels of laughter. I really do. Wholeheartedly. Naturally. He is sweet. Just like you, Appa. 
Here, I go again. All teary eyed and missing my father, more than ever. No guy will ever be able to replace you, Pa. You were the best, and will remain, so no matter what. The greatest. The first man of my life. My superhero. My idol. Miss you, Pa. Lots. Please keep me in your prayers, as I do you.
Appa, for being the best, for always – I love you, for everything and for ever.
Rest in peace. Your darling daughter is fine. She will always be – as long as you watch her over, from right up there.
This song is for him. The guy who makes me laugh heartily. The one who reminds me of all the laughter Appa brought into my life. 

1 comment:

bgs said...

ok :) and....