Thursday, July 14, 2011

Mogana Punnagai from Vanangamudi (MD : G Ramanathan)

This is one of my favourite old songs. Something that I put on replay, on a night, when all I long for, is, quiescence and subdue with  interlaced thoughts of my cavaliere servente.
G. Ramanathan is the frontier settler of Tamil music. Listen to this number to understand. One great composition without garnish and ginger breads. G. Ramanathan rules in my book of music. Appa introduced his music to me, and I have been a devoted fan ever since.
In case you were wondering - no. No, this song is special to me, not just because it starts with the name I hold close to heart. I fell for this song years and years ago. Way before I met him. Way before I knew his name. I take delight in this song for G. Ramanathan's perfect, heart stopping composition with beautiful, unblemished lyrics. I marvel at this piece because it reminds me of Appa, his enunciate taste and the imprints he left in me. And, of lately, ya, I dote on this song, for reminding me of Mogan's oh-so-heart-stopping-smile-and-equally-unfeigned-laughter.
I do not have a special, ring-a-bell line from a song for today. I had promised earlier in the month, I would,  one, in my every blog post in July 2011. Sorry, folks. Say what. If you have stopped by, and read it until here, do leave me a line or two or more, of your favourite lyrics from a song.
Have a great day. Take care. God Bless.

No comments: