Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Enna Aachi from Vedi

India. India. India. The country I so love. The nation I am hopelessly crazy about. From the northern most Leh, Jammu Kashmir to the southern most Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu. From the easternmost Kibithu, Arunachal Pradesh to the westernmost Ghuar Mota in Gujarat. I adore all of her. 
Chennai is my favourite city. Puthucherry (also known as Pondicherry), my maternal village. And, Kanchipuram, my paternal. I also have a soft spot for Kanyakumari - the romantic seaside town, Trichy - for the architectural marvel of Thayumanaval Shivan Temple, Uchi Pilaiyaar Temple and the famous SriRangam and Madurai - the temple city. But, Chennai is always numero uno. My number one - any given time. 
I am missing her, right now. I am wishing, so much, I had the capability to fly there, this very moment. The place where I sincerely believe my soul resides. Chennai, the metropolitan city that I awe. 
We are still planning on our next trip there. The last was in January-February 2011. I am praying for a miracle. The sooner the better. The longing to set foot there, is accumulating. 
I was reading through a few blogs when this one caught my eye. On what else, but my favorite Chennai. Give it a try, especially, if you are planning one soon. 
http://backpakker.blogspot.com/2011/08/madras-special-30-things-to-do-in.html
I would love to do all those 30 things. Those simple things. With someone close to heart, of course..... Chennai is where my soul resides. And, being there with someone who shares and completes mine (soul), would be 100% perfect.......

No comments: