Saturday, October 8, 2011

Kannukum Kannukum Mothal from Ninaika Terindha Maname

Need to confess that I have never heard this song neither watched the movie - ever. And, then, how now ? Watched something on TV. A musical program. This song popped up. Instant attraction. Thanks to the particular, uplifting lines - in bold. Searched for it on YouTube and voilà, here I am, with the song of the day. 
It was a super hectic Saturday for me. My first stop, this early morning, was to the temple. The third Puratasi Sani. Lit a ghee lamp for my revered Lord Thirupathi before heading to an Indian restaurant for breakfast. Skipped my fast this week. Fasting would have been unwise, with the number of places I had to go, and the list of things I had to get done. 
Returned to my sanctuary around 5.30pm, a midst a heavy thunderous rain, to Amma's special home made evening tea, a special seat in front of the living room TV and a compilation of good songs on Sun Music. Perfect.....
Tomorrow is Sunday. Thank God. I still have another day to unwind.....
Cheers !!!
p/s - I miss Chennai - heaps. Being vegetarian makes me miss my delicious South Indian Thali Sets, more than ever..... Counting days before I return to the city where my soul resides.
South Indian Thali Set - While I was in Chennai
Bombay Thali Set 














கண்ணுக்கும் கண்ணுக்கும் மோதல், நெஞ்சத்தை நீ தந்தால் காதல்
கண்ணுக்கும் கண்ணுக்கும் மோதல், நெஞ்சத்தை நீ தந்தால் காதல்
என்னென்ன இன்பம் வாழ்க வாழ்கவே 
மாலைத் தென்றலே மாலை கொண்டு வா
வேளை வந்ததே வாழ்த்துப் பாட வா
கண்ணுக்கும் கண்ணுக்கும் மோதல், நெஞ்சத்தை நீ தந்தால் காதல்

நினைக்கத் தெரிந்த மனம், மறக்கத் தெரிவதில்லை
கவிஞரின் கவிதை
உயிரின் உறவு இது, உணரும் தருணம் இது
நடத்தட்டும் வயதை
மாணிக்கத் தீவே மாலைப் பூவே
காணக் கண் கோடி, வேண்டும் தாயே
ஆனிப்பொன் தேகம், ஆனந்த மேகம்
மாலைத் தென்றலே மாலை கொண்டு வா
வேளை வந்ததே வாழ்த்துப் பாட வா

புருவக் கொடி பிடித்து, பருவ படையெடுத்து
ஜெயித்திடும் இனமே
அபயக் குரல் கொடுத்து, அழகு கரம் பிடித்து
அடைக்கலம் மனமே
தோற்றாலும் தேனே, நான் தான் ராஜா
ஏற்றுக் கொண்டால்தான், வாழ்வேன் ரோஜா
நேருக்கு நேராய், நெஞ்சத்தைப் பாராய்
மாலைத் தென்றலே மாலை கொண்டு வா
வேளை வந்ததே வாழ்த்துப் பாட வா

No comments: